Thursday, April 29, 2010

Prelude to 6 Posts on Innovative Interaction Concepts

As the title suggests, I have quite a bit of stuff to post. Short explanation follows, complete with a song reference (left as an exercise for the reader to figure out, it's not very hard).

Today is a day after yesterday, and yesterday did go really well. Except the part where I had to wake up at 4 am to get to the train station in time. So, we headed to University of Lapland, Rovaniemi, to hold a project meeting for II City. In addition to having a fruitful and entertaining project meeting, we had been invited to listen and comment the final presentations of a course experiment on user interaction. What the students had to on this course was to come up with new and experimental concepts for user interaction. They were allowed to ignore technological constraints (but some of them did consider how their concept could be implemented). Seeing the amazing results, I can imagine that the task certainly wasn't easy.

So, I'm going to write a bit about what I heard yesterday, giving each project its own blog post. Partly because putting everything in one post would result in a long post which no one would read, and partly because it's easier to comment things if the topics are separate. I will discuss these concepts from the viewpoint of game design - how to apply game-like elements to these concepts or how these ideas could inspire game design.

I'll try to post stuff as fast as I can, so that everything is up by the end of next week.

(For those who were there giving the presentations and are now reading this, I'd like to also hear your take on applying your ideas to game design, if you are at all interested in such a topic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment